Bilingual Officer, Gifts of Canadian Nature (GCN) program Job at The Nature Conservancy of Canada – Toronto, ON
Bilingual Officer, Gifts of Canadian Nature (GCN) program and Supporter Services – National Office (Contract)
The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is a private, national, not for profit organization that prides itself on its entrepreneurial, science-based, non-confrontational approach to achieving conservation success. Since its establishment in 1962, NCC and its supporters have protected more than 14 million hectares (35 million acres) of natural habitat across Canada. NCC has seven regional offices across the country with a national office in Toronto.
Purpose & General Description
This dynamic, fast-growing organization is currently recruiting for a Bilingual Officer, Gifts of Canadian Nature program and Supporter Services, based in our National office in Toronto. The position is a full-time contract, Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm, with a minimum of 3 days at the office.
Reporting to the Manager, Supporter Services, the incumbent will be part of the National Marketing & Development team. You are a people person who likes to talk with others and share the passion and importance of land conservation. Interested in fundraising and want to get in on the ground floor? Supporter Services is looking for an energetic and dedicated team member to coordinate its Gifts of Canadian Nature program and provide support to donors.
The Gifts of Canadian Nature program (https://www.giftsofnature.ca/) is a program based on giving a symbolic gift that will help the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) continue its critical conservation work.
Duties & Responsibilities
GCN program (60%)
- Support donors to make a GCN gift, taking orders by phone, email, and mail;
- Handle donor inquiries regarding their GCN order, in English and in French;
- Enter data into the system for any orders received by mail;
- Coordinate the program with our fulfillment house, including monitoring the quality of orders in their excel format, as well as the inventory of material, and sending the files to the fulfillment house;
- Troubleshoot any issues any follow up with support teams;
Supporter Services (40%)
- Update donor information (contact information, communication preferences, returned mail, deceased etc.) within Raiser’s Edge and other tracking systems in a timely manner;
- Support acquisition mailing by listening to voicemails, answering prospects’ questions and removing their names from the mailing list;
- Provide support to the team during Giving Tuesday, including processing donations;
- Receive correspondence at the office and sort it out, send information packages, Magazine, Calendar etc. to donors/prospects by mail;
- Provide support to the Marketing and Development team, as required.
Skills & Abilities
- Fluent in English and in French
- 1-year experience in a customer support or customer representative position
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized with time management skills
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective phone manner and good written communication skills
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: Contract, full-time
- Location: National Office at 245 Eglinton Avenue E, Suite 410, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 3J1
- Start date: September 20th, 2021
- End date: January 28th, 2022
How to Apply
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations through our Career Centre.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We value and incorporate diverse traditions, heritage, knowledge and experiences in our mission and in our workplaces. We celebrate the full participation of people from all walks of life as we work towards common goals. We strive for a conservation movement in which equity, diversity and inclusion are the norm. This is our continuous commitment: to promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet for everyone
Please note that in-person office attendance, carpooling with co-workers to NCC properties or events, and in-person attendance at any indoor events are currently restricted to staff who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Accordingly, if you are required to participate in any of these activities as part of your job the expectation is that you must be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means you have received two doses of the Pfizer, Astra Zeneca or Moderna vaccine or combination of, and have received the second dose at least two weeks prior to your start date or you have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two weeks prior to your start date.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
About the Company
Company: The Nature Conservancy of Canada –
Company Location: Toronto, ON