Communications Associate (ReOpen Schools) Job at Brain Injury Rights Group – New York, NY
Position Title: Communications Associate w/ social media experience – Full-time position to change the world for millions of families who have a child with special needs/disabilities advocating for schools to reopen.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff for Brain Injury Rights Group (BIRG), a non-profit civil rights advocacy and law firm, the Communication Associate will assist with the development and implementation of our national efforts to reopen schools through our national class action lawsuit and other efforts taking on teachers unions, and others, who are refusing to reopen schools (see www.ReOpenClass.com for details). This is a full-time position who will work as part of a team raising awareness about our efforts and the struggles families are having with schools not fully reopening across the country. The successful candidate will understand how to develop a communications plan and experience in implementing it including successful utilization of social media platforms. They will also have a great attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, a sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task. She or he must be able to work both independently and collaboratively, as necessary.
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Location : New York City, New York
· Support the marketing and communications activities of BIRG.
· Support the management of media, influencers and other public contacts.
· Engage in advocacy, outreach and training to communities, organizations and public.
· Assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the marketing efforts across audiences in collaboration with the BIRG team and constituents.
· Assist with the creation of content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Participate in the decisions of who, what, where, and when to disseminate.
· Assist with the creation, development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and BIRG’s website.
· Assists the Management Team to develop and implement BIRG’s strategic planning.
· Actively work with the Management Team and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
· Provide and present statistical analysis to the Management Team.
· Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the communications plan.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including copywriting or copy editing skills.
· Efficient marketing research skills.
· Ability to analyze complex problems and develop creative solutions.
· Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe software and social media platforms.
· Experience working with or sensitivity to individuals with disabilities.
· Ability to work independently with appropriate supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to take a leadership role in project coordination.
· MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR
Salary: $35,000-50,000 per year + benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants must provide a cover letter (including salary requirements) and a recent CV (resume)
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed and/or represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Regular covid-19 testing and tracking done.
- Please provide a link to the worst story you have read about the teachers union preventing schools from reopening anywhere in the U.S.?
- SENSE OF HUMOR: 1 year (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Brain Injury Rights Group –
Company Location: New York, NY