Community Navigator Job at Look Ahead Housing and Care – Brent
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£24,000.00 per annum
plus Annual Leave pro rata, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Full Time, Permanent
Recruiting Community Navigator to join our Homelessness service in Brent.
Looking for a new role where you can make a difference every day? We’re looking for a kind, compassionate and resilient Community Navigator to join our Homelessness service in Brent.
£24,000.00 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus Annual Leave pro rata, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Shift patterns: Monday-Friday (9am-5pm)
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support.
- Ability to keep written records in clear English about the care and support given to each customer.
- Have experience supporting people with complex needs, including mental health, within a community setting.
- Experience in partnership working.
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs from your own.
- Commitment to non-discriminatory care practice.
- Understanding of the support requirements of customers with complex needs.
- Previous experience as a Community Navigator.
- Be a good communicator.
- Be great at building trust with those you work with.
- Be able to work on your own initiative.
- Have strong organisational skills.
- Experience in brokerage and procurement of services for individuals.
Look Ahead is a dynamic, leading, not-for-profit care and support provider in London and the South East. As an organisation we deliver over 110 services, providing support to around 7000 customers each year. We work across mental health, homelessness, young people and learning disabilities so there are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career with us.
We’re looking for a Community Navigator to join our Homelessness Service.
The Community Navigator’s role will be to work between Livingstone House and Pound Lane Hostels to help connect people in the Brent Complex who Needs Accommodation-based services with services and activities in the local community. The post holder will help create and maintain contacts in the area to provide the best opportunities to people in our projects.
- Create, develop and maintain a network of community-based organisations which offer support to the client group.
- Work closely with and to maintain good working relationships with external bodies for example Local Authorities, Primary Care Trusts, Gyms, Support services, Education or Training, other positive activities and Voluntary Providers.
- Promote the work of Pound Lane and Livingstone House to external organisations.
- Attend internal and external meetings where appropriate and as requested (for example House Meetings).
- To maintain a high standard of record keeping and keep all financial and administrative systems up-to-date and in line with policy.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
The Community Navigator is the person who can help individuals access the right support and opportunities. Understanding communities and the wide range of services available within them. Passionate and focused on signposting or connecting people with the support they need in their own communities. Working daily with customers, health professionals, volunteers and service providers the Community Navigator assist to ensure a person’s journey to better wellbeing is as easy as possible.
Brokering and signposting to existing services, activities and education, training or employment opportunities. Liaising with primary and secondary health care professionals, checking in on progress and making sure evidencing the outcomes of the service are important aspects of the role, that makes a real difference in the lives of people. The successful candidate will have a solution focussed approach, be highly organised and be able to deliver to agreed service specifications and outcomes.
- Teamwork and Partnership Working.
- Contributes and supports each other to achieve the organisational goals.
- Financial Awareness Resources are used effectively to deliver service within budget and accurate records maintained.
- Professionalism/Quality Conduct which reflects positively on the organisation.
- Problems are identified and practical steps are taken to deal with them.
- An awareness of how day-to-day work performance relates to the bigger picture.
- Open accessible communication, flexibility and cooperation with others, establishing good relations at all levels verbally and in writing.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
This role requires a valid Right to Work for the UK as Look Ahead are not a sponsoring organisation.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with Silver in the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We are a proud member of the Employers Domestic Abuse Covenant and encourage applications from a diverse range of applicants of all backgrounds.
About the Company
Company: Look Ahead Housing and Care –
Company Location: Brent