Confidential Assistant Job at University of Manitoba – Winnipeg, MB
The University of Manitoba is a driving force of innovation, discovery and advancement. Our momentum is propelled by our campus community – UM faculty, staff and students whose determination and curiosity shape our world for the better. Our teaching, learning and work environment is uniquely strengthened and enriched by Indigenous perspectives. With two main campuses in Winnipeg, satellite campuses throughout Manitoba, and world-wide research, UM’s impact is global.
Discover outstanding employee benefits, experience world-class facilities and join a dynamic community that values reconciliation, sustainability, diversity, and inclusion. We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. At the University of Manitoba, what inspires you can change everything.
Confidential Assistant to the Executive Director, Public Affairs is responsible for providing administrative and executive support to the Executive Director of Public Affairs and members of the Public Affairs team. This position supports the efficiency of the Public Affairs team and requires
significant confidentiality, sensitivity, tact, maturity and independent judgment. The incumbent will demonstrate discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential, controversial and sensitive nature; establish work priorities and remain flexible; and will also possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· Post-secondary degree in a relevant specialized discipline is required.
· Minimum three years directly related experience providing executive support, budget management and operational support in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Project and budget management experience required.
· Office management experience required.
· Knowledge of the University of Manitoba financial records system is preferred.
· Experience with senior university administration and diverse external constituencies is required.
· Thorough knowledge of University regulations and policies and an understanding of the relationships between various units and decision-making bodies is preferred.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Excellent organizational, communications and decision-making skills.
· Well-developed skills in words processing platforms (Word), database/spreadsheet management (Excel), calendar software (Outlook Exchange), email software (Outlook) and an intermediate understanding of PowerPoint are required.
· Strong writing skills is required
· Independence, diplomacy, self-motivation, confidentiality, and ability to work with many types of individuals in sensitive environments.
· Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· The incumbent must exhibit tact, flexibility, accuracy, confidentiality, diplomacy, professionalism, and the ability to handle a heavy workload.
· Experience working in an academic environment or in a non-profit organization.
· Experience using Raiser’s Edge Software is preferred.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan.
- Competitive vacation time.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s recruitment site, UM Careers: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=22264
Closing Date: August 2, 2022
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is committed to the principles of equity, diversity & inclusion and to promoting opportunities in hiring, promotion and tenure (where applicable) for systemically marginalized groups who have been excluded from full participation at the University and the larger community including Indigenous Peoples, women, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+ (Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning, intersex, asexual and other diverse sexual identities).
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $47,596.57-$66,635.20 per year
Application deadline: 2022-08-02
Expected start date: 2022-08-29
About the Company
Company: University of Manitoba –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB