Content Programme Manager Job at CCFM 107.5/96.7 – Muizenberg, Western Cape
Radio CCFM is a registered Non-Profit Organisation operating as a Community Radio Station providing broadcast services to the Christian community of Cape Town.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading our programming teams, ensuring that they produce programming which meets the creative, commercial and missional aspirations of our 24-hour community radio station. As a member of the Management Team of Radio CCFM, the successful candidate will participate in the ongoing development of the sound and editorial content of Radio CCFM. They will be responsible for ensuring that all programmes comply with the mission of the station and also with the conditions as outlined in our broadcasting license.
Radio CCFM is searching for a dynamic and experienced leader for the role of Content Programmer. This candidate will ensure increase in audience and revenue opportunities in compliance with license and statutory conditions. This candidate will ensure that the line-up is aligned to the station strategy and oversee the development, production as well as implementation of programming content by continuously managing the sound of the station in line to strategy. It will be the responsibility of the candidate appointed to ensure they secure approval of a line-up that will fulfil the mandate of the station. In addition, the incumbent to the role must ensure business continuity planning by developing an effective contingency plan of an alternative/plan b talent stream.
Key Accountabilities Inter Alia:
- To lead the development and implementation of a programming strategy that will retain the station’s audience and grow new listeners
- To manage the process of developing, producing and implementing on air content in order to ensure that the content is in line with station strategy
- To manage direct reports in terms of operations and discipline according to policies and procedures
- To monitor and ensure that programming content is of a quality standard and in line with the Radio CCFM programming format and standard
- To achieve set target for return-on-investment on-air content across all platforms
- To achieve set target for return on investment on digital content across all platforms
- To capitalise and optimise on air opportunities for the station’s operations
- To communicate and liaise with internal customer (sales, S&P, marketing, events, direct sales, PR, music, producers, presenters, news, traffic, sport and digital) with regards to coordinating the content of the station according to the content strategy
- To communicate and liaise with external parties (national sales house, direct clients and special projects) in order to develop and produce on air and digital content
- To develop and manage the budget for the content department in terms of expenses according to policies and procedures in line with the station strategy (including salaries)
- To ensure that all commercial obligations are met as per client agreement
- To create operational processes that will assist with the departmental workflow
- Manage all BEE elements according to the legislation
- In conjunction with the General Manager, submit all ICASA and compliance related reports and correspondence timeously
- To successfully complete all allocated and agreed development activities according to policies and procedure
- To conduct regular focus groups and research to increase CCFM’s market, listenership and viability as a successful sales revenue generating option in the industry
- To be involved in outside broadcasts regularly and to support outside events when necessary to enhance the visibility of the radio station in the community
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- Relevant degree or diploma. Post graduate qualification advantageous.
- 5 years’ experience in a media/radio station management team with either on air, market research, radio marketing or sales experience.
- Broad knowledge of media or “on-air” radio planning and promotions.
- In depth understanding of regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures relevant to radio, governance, general management and financial management.
Interested and qualifying candidates should in writing make their application to CCFM to felicity @ ccfm . org . za by latest Friday, 06 August 2021, indicating their interest in applying for the role, inclusive of a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter, outlining verifiable experience as detailed above together with most recent contactable references’ details. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Radio CCFM reserves the right not to make this appointment. If you do not hear from us within three months from the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Radio CCFM is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
Application Deadline: 2021/08/06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
About the Company
Company: CCFM 107.5/96.7 –
Company Location: Muizenberg, Western Cape