Day Program Support Worker Job at Turning Leaf Support Services – Winnipeg, MB
Turning Leaf is a non-profit, charitable organization that provides person-centered, crisis and treatment services to low and high-risk vulnerable and marginalized individuals living with mental illness and intellectual challenge in our community.
Turning Leaf’s support is customized to every individual’s needs and risk level. We offer crisis-intervention and treatment services, community support, day program services, residential support (including emergency housing, 24-hour homes, cluster housing, and home share), a harm reduction program, clinical services, indigenous services and more.
WHO WE SUPPORT
The participants of our programs are often deeply impacted by their circumstances which can become barriers to living safely and independently in the community. Trauma, homelessness, poverty, addictions, discrimination, sexual exploitation, societal stigmas, and lack of access to resources are some of the barriers our participants face every day.
MAKE AN IMPACT
Being a part of the Turning Leaf family means you will have the opportunity to make a direct and positive impact on people’s lives every day. The work is challenging in all the best ways and deeply rewarding. Many of our employees say they have found their life’s purpose while working here.
Turning Leaf provides ongoing, meaningful training to ensure we remain an industry leader and that our employees have the skills and confidence to be successful in their careers. We are an organization that pledges to uphold a workplace culture of inclusion, diversity, compassion, and respect.
We are growing more and more all the time and we are always hiring. If you feel called to be a part of the Turning Leaf team, please apply today.
*New Hire Incentive Program: Full/Part-Time new hires will receive a $200 bonus after six months of employment
DAY PROGRAM SUPPORT WORKER JOB SUMMARY
Day Program Support Workers are responsible to provide our services to the Day Program participants. Day Program Support Workers will report to and work closely with the Day Program Supervisor to observe, plan and implement activities to facilitate learning and development in daily living, social and life skills.
Day Program Support Workers will also assist and work with the Day Program Volunteers through scheduling and support to ensure the smooth running of the program.
- Cover letter and updated resume
- 18 years of age or older
- Available anytime 35 – 40 hours p/week (Full time) Monday to Friday 8am-4pm
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check (no older than three months)
- Valid Drivers license with reliable vehicle and a clear drivers abstract is required
- Completion of a Post-Secondary Education in Human Services (Certificate, Diploma or Degree) is considered an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid / CPR Certification
- Minimum of one-year experience in a Day Program setting or equivalent education
- Healthcare Aid Certificate is considered an asset
- Three employment references
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Turning Leaf Support Workers must possess the capacity to be aware of and control one’s own emotions. Moreover, Support Workers must be able to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, empathetically, and professionally while executing their responsibilities and providing Turning Leaf’s person-centered supports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Organizational and planning skills with related decision-making abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively as part of the team
- Experience in nutrition, menu planning and meal preparation
- Able to treat each participant with dignity and respect
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To demonstrate the fundamental principles of the agency when engaging the member in daily activities.
- Provide direct, in-person supervision to members of the Day Service in the manner as prescribed by the Day Service Manager and the Clinical Team.
- To identify and directly intervene around behaviors of risk, as personal safety allows. Report risk behaviors to appropriate entity (e.g., Police, Manager, etc.).
- Responsible for the completion of a time log of member activities and whereabouts. This is to be maintained on an ongoing basis throughout the course of time a worker is on duty.
- Other duties as assigned
DAY PROGRAM SUPPORT WORKER BENEFITS
- Health Benefits (Full-time employees)
- GRRSP Program (optional)
- Paid Wellness Time (Full-time employees)
- Bereavement and Compassionate Care Time
- Mileage Reimbursement (when applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Paid training (First Aid/CPR, NVCI, VPA, etc.)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- drivers license with reliable vehicle (required)
About the Company
Company: Turning Leaf Support Services –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB