Deputy Manager – Bookshop Job at The Hospice of St Francis – Chesham
Deputy Bookshop Manager,
Hours: Full Time / 41.25 hrs per week
Salary: £19,767 p.a. plus benefits
Do you have a passion for books and an understanding of the importance of reading for mental wellbeing?
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for Deputy Book Shop Manager to join our team to support the Book Shop Manager in sustaining a profitable and innovative bookshop in Chesham. Combining a strong community focus with harnessing best practice in charity book retail, using both high street and on line trading platforms.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, creative individual with retail experience. Key to this role is a commitment to building relationships within the local community to develop the bookshop as a community hub.
· Previous book shop management experience
· Sound book knowledge and the ability to identify books which may be of valuable
· Confident social media user with an excellent understanding of the importance of social networking and e commerce.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Commercially driven and with proven understanding of delivering sales and profit targets
· Excellent communication and organisation skills
· Physical ability to deal with often heavy donations of books
· Experience of event management
· Flexibility to work alternate weekends and some bank holidays across a variable 7 day rota
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced level DBS check
What we offer:
· 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
· Non-contributory pension scheme
· Wide range of free training courses
· Study leave
· Employee assistance programme providing 24/7 support for health, wellbeing and financial matters.
For an informal discussion, or to find out more please contact Charlotte Gilks, Chapter Two Operations Manager, on 01442 859565
Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 1st August 2021
Interviews to held on Thursday 5th August 2021
Application deadline: 01/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,767.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Sick pay
About the Company
Company: The Hospice of St Francis –
Company Location: Chesham