Director, Payer Relations Job at National Hemophilia Foundation – Remote
About the Role
NHF is looking for a Director, Payer Relations to join the team! Reporting to the Senior Director of Payer Relations, the Director of Payer Relations is responsible for evaluating, negotiating and driving successful partnerships with payors and Hemophilia Treatment centers. This role will develop and execute strategies to improve contracting with payors. You will also be responsible for identifying potential access issues arising as a result of Marketplace changes, develop strategies to overcome challenges and dissemination of relevant information to affected community members including HTC’s, Chapters, Regional Directors/Coordinators, Hemophilia Alliance etc. In addition, you will navigate specialty product access and reimbursement landscape at a Regional, Customer and Patient level to optimize patient access. This individual must exhibit exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required. JD or MBA desirable
- Minimum 7-10 years of payer (CMS, health plan, PBM) or related healthcare policy consulting, law or financial/actuarial firm experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of healthcare reimbursement environment including coverage, coding, payment, as well as how to develop, implement and manage reimbursement programs.
- Demonstrated experience working with federal healthcare programs, commercial payers/providers, and managed care organizations.
- Excellent working knowledge of evolving reimbursement landscape and the practice management environment.
- Ability to understand the long-term impact of health plan contracting strategies.
- Knowledge of hemophilia market preferred.
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities and adapt to frequent change.
- Must possess proven contract negotiation knowledge and skills.
- Must possess strong analytical and financial skills.
- Knowledge and experience in 340b operations.
- Strong research, writing and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively distill and present complex information in a concise way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to work independently and in a team setting with remote-access colleagues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with consumers, advocates, and other outside stakeholders (including government officials, clinicians, and payers).
- Efficient, organized work style and an ability to prioritize quickly and confidently and manage multiple deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office, internet research and database information systems.
- Bilingual a plus!!
Where You Will Work:
This is a remote based position. Candidate will be expected to travel to events and meetings as requested by the Senior Director of Payer Relations. Position is expected to travel about 40% of the time after post COVID.
What We Offer:
At NHF our mission is to serve those affected by all inheritable bleeding disorders. We are committed to our employees as well as those we serve. To do so, NHF seeks and values those qualities, both visible and invisible, that makes individuals unique. We strive to be a safe place where regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, family status, national origin, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation; you are heard, empowered and valued because we truly believe that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission.
In order to attract and retain a high performance team, we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment. In addition to a competitive salary, NHF provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. We also offer:
- Full time employees: Three weeks (+) of vacation, four personal days, 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays, 1 Floating Holiday
- We also offer paid time off to Part-Time Employees
- Paid Short-Term Disability insurance & Life Insurance
- Pre-tax savings plan (including Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Transit Account)
- a 403(b) retirement plan.
In addition to the above benefits, we are committed to fair and equitable pay practices and base compensation on experience, education, revenue size and location-based cost of living calculations. For this position, NHF has set a salary range $93,300-$110,500 for most regions ($107,300-$127,400 for a candidate in NY, DC or CA) with some flexibility depending on the candidate’s level of experience, skills, education and training.
How To Apply:
If you are interested this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $93,300.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- payer relations or healthcare policy: 7 years (Required)
About the Company
Company: National Hemophilia Foundation –
Company Location: Remote