Education Coordinator Job at Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberty – Winnipeg, MB
Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberties
500 Shaftesbury Blvd., Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3P 2N2 www.marl.mb.ca
Job Posting: Education Coordinator
The Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberties exists to inspire action for social justice, human rights and civil liberties in Manitoba through education and advocacy. We are dedicated to raising awareness, engaging with community members, and working together to make a difference.
MARL is currently seeking an enthusiastic and inspired individual for the position of
Education Coordinator. This position will be 12-month term, with possibility for renewal. The Education Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the development of educational workshops, building a facilitator network, and growing MARL’s educational presence across Manitoba. This position is rooted in Human Rights principles and will be focused on furthering human rights programming throughout the province.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Workshop facilitation: facilitate MARL workshops for schools, professional development seminars, organizations, training centres, and workplaces.
- Outreach and networking: promote, market, and secure bookings for educational workshops. Build and maintain relationships with a network of educators, community members, and organizational leaders for outreach programs.
- Community partnerships: consulting with community members on anti- oppressive programming and curriculum. Develop a facilitator training program and network for workshops.
- Research and development: lead research and development of educational workshops in Anti-Oppression and Social Justice Education.
- Creation of educational materials: create new programs based on current needs, update existing workshops to reflect current issues.
- Administrative tasks: update bookings, participants, reports, feedback and evaluation reports.
REQUIRED ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Previous experience with workshop development and facilitation
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated, self-reflexive, and adaptable
- Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Persons) and Child Abuse Registry.
PREFERRED ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary degree in Education, Human Rights and Conflict Resolution, Politics, International Development Studies, or related field
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment
This is a full time position commencing August 2, 2022. Compensation will be based on a combination of qualifications and experience.
Please send an expression of interest letter and CV/Resume before July 8, 2022.
The Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberties is located on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene, and Métis peoples. Our primary office is located on Treaty 1 territory and the homeland of the Métis Nation, though our work extends throughout Treaty 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Job Type: Full-time
- Secondary School (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-07-08
About the Company
Company: Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberty –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB