Education Savings & Financial Literacy Coordinator Job at Career Trek – Winnipeg, MB
Job Title: Education Savings & Financial Literacy Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Start: As soon as possible
Reports To: Director of Programs
With funding generously provided by Canadian Scholarship Trust Foundation, Career Trek Inc. is looking for an outgoing, broad-minded, organized, and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about improving education and career outcomes for children and youth to work as its Education Savings & Financial Literacy Coordinator. The primary role of the Education Savings & Financial Literacy Coordinator is to integrate financial literacy education into all aspects of Career Trek programming in order to enhance the financial empowerment of participants and their families. Reporting to the Director of Programs, this person practices and role-models Career Trek’s core values of Equity, Inclusion & Belonging; Respect; Balance & Wellness; Truth & Reconciliation; and Caring in all aspects of their work. In addition to this, the successful candidate will support participants by:
1. Connecting them, and their families, to resources that will assist in saving for their post-secondary education.
2. Developing, promoting, and executing the Career Trek Education Savings and Financial Literacy Program.
3. Overseeing Career Trek’s scholarship activities, including selection committees, and distribution of scholarships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Providing information, resources, and assistance to access Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs), the Canada Learning Bond (CLB), the Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG), and Canadian Scholarship Trust (CST) Spark Education Portfolios.
– Coordinating and facilitating Education Savings and Financial Literacy lessons and skills workshops.
– The day‐to‐day management of the Education Savings and Financial Literacy Program.
– Establishing relationships with participants and their families, school divisions, schools, community members, and other organizations that align with Career Trek’s Mission and Vision.
– Ensuring all activities and key performance indicators are met and reported, as outlined in the agreed-upon statement of work between Career Trek and Canadian Scholarship Trust Foundation.
Skills & Requirements:
– Flexible and effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
– Highly organized and detail-oriented.
– Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
– Program or project planning and implementation.
– Group facilitation.
– Budget management.
– Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
– Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
– Fully vaccinated.
– Maintain a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
– First Aid CPR (level C) certification (or willing to obtain).
– Completed criminal record and child abuse registry checks.
– Post-secondary education.
– Knowledge of Indigenous worldviews, teachings, language, or land-based education.
– Experience working with Indigenous communities and organizations.
– Knowledge of barriers that marginalized and underserved youth may face.
– An understanding of Canada’s history and relationship with Indigenous Nations with a commitment to ongoing learning in the space of truth and reconciliation.
– Graduate of Career Trek or previous programming experience.
– Work will be a combination of work from home and in person, in accordance with safety protocols and guidelines laid out by public health and community officials.
– A stable internet connection is required to work from home.
– Training and ongoing support and professional development will be provided.
– Some travel may be required.
– Some weekend and evening work is required.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume by Tuesday, July 5th, 2022. Please include ‘ESFL Coordinator’ in the subject line. While we thank all applicants, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Career Trek is committed to an employment equity practice that achieves a workforce reflective of the community at large. We encourage all applicants to self-declare.
For more information about Career Trek, please visit: www.careertrek.ca
Career Trek’s Vision
Inspiring life-long learning today, for a just and equitable tomorrow.
Career Trek’s Mission
Career Trek works collaboratively to remove barriers to education, employment, and life-long learning opportunities through hands-on career exploration, mentorship, and workshops.
About Career Trek
Career Trek is a not-for-profit organization that, for 25 years, has been offering career programming for children,
youth and adults who face barriers to education and employment. Career Trek provides experiential, hands-on
learning opportunities that increase skills, competence, confidence, knowledge, and self-awareness. It’s Career Trek’s belief that its interactive career-related activities and workshops enhance each participant’s level of engagement in their education and ultimately supports the commitment and investment they’ll make in order to achieve career success and life satisfaction.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 per year
Application deadline: 2022-07-05
About the Company
Company: Career Trek –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB