Employment Assistance Services Manager Job at Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI – Charlottetown, PE
Manager – Employment Assistance Services
Full-Time Term Position through March 31, 2023*
Salary: $28.14 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
*Renewable April 1st each year subject to program funding
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI (IRSA) acknowledges that Epekwitk (Prince Edward Island) is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. The Epekwitnewaq Mi’kmaq have occupied this Island for over 12,000 years. We honour the “Treaties of Peace and Friendship” which recognized Mi’kmaq rights and established an ongoing relationship between nations. We are all Treaty People.
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI (IRSA), a not-for-profit organization originally founded in 1993, is seeking a Manager – Employment Assistance Services (EAS) to join us on our mission of building a welcoming and inclusive environment through bringing diverse communities together and empowering newcomers to build a future in PEI.
We help all newly landed immigrants and newcomers to Canada through providing vital support in the areas of short-term settlement services, long-term inclusion and community integration programs in the province of Prince Edward Island.
At IRSA, as an organization and as a team, we are guided by our core values of respect, empathy, diversity, integrity, accountability, innovation and team work in all that we do.
Why Join IRSA?
You’ll have an impact, making a difference in the lives and livelihoods of newcomers to Prince Edward Island, enriching our local communities through diverse, inclusive and welcoming programming, while having fun and lead a team of like-minded individuals in the process!
- Market Competitive Wages
- Matching Group RRSP program up to 5%
- Group Health Benefits
- Generous Time-Off programs for work-life balance
How You’ll Spend Your Time
As Manager – Employment Assistance Services (EAS) you will focus on developing and implementing employment assistance programs, and lead the EAS team whose programs forward this work. Working with our Director of Programs and the EAS team, you will plan, organize, budget, and manage IRSA’s Employment support activities as well as developing and maintaining both internal & external strategic partnerships.
- Lead program development that promotes newcomer success, retention, wellness and a strong sense of belonging.
- Lead, support and direct Employment Services team in implementation and coordination of programming
- Monitors and evaluates team member implementation initiatives, ensuring team members are meeting program deliverable objectives
- Identifies immediate and emerging client needs as well as trends for employment programs, leading EAS in developing strategies and programming to ensure IRSA is responsive to current and emerging trends.
- In collaboration with EAS team members, lead the exploration of opportunities to engage IRSA clients and employers.
- Leads, coaches, mentors and provides team support.
- Scheduling and chairing team meetings, setting and approving team member schedules to maximize program delivery,
- Lead team member progress and development processes while inspiring and engaging team to reach their full potential
- Leads onboarding, training and development of new and existing team members, supporting recruitment and hiring processes as they relate to EAS
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on program measurables to Director of Programs, Executive Director, Board of Directors and funding partners
- Assists with program funding applications
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders on the development of strategic direction to support initiatives for IRSA
- Develops strong partnerships with cross-functional IRSA departments to promote participation, engagement and wellness opportunities while supporting other departmental units programming as well.
- Supports, develops and enhances partnerships with community organizations, business, governmental agencies, ethno-cultural organizations and events that support newcomer integration and IRSA programs.
- Leads and encourages participation in networking and community events, promoting participation of IRSA clients
- Supports working relationships between EAS members and other internal and external partners for overall IRSA program delivery
- Regularly review program and events as part of continual improvement process, work with EAS to develop and implement follow-up action plans.
What You Bring
· You have a post-secondary degree or diploma, with 3 to 5 years experience in employment or career counselling, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
· You have experience leading people, providing direction, coaching, mentorship and support
· Experience in facilitating, developing and implementing programs and strategies to improve departmental success.
· A background of working with the public and proven ability establishing rapport with stakeholders at all levels.
· You are an effective communicator in the English language, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and confident in public speaking and presentation settings – ability to communicate in languages other than English would be considered a strong asset.
· A strong working knowledge of challenges and issues facing newcomer population, networks and support organizations.
· A demonstrated ability to effectively lead program initiatives,
· Experience designing and leading projects, and tracking and managing budgets
· You are computer proficient, experience working with MS Office applications, social media and Google applications, experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) would be considered an asset
· You exhibit flexibility, resourcefulness and adaptability. You are adept at leading and managing through change
· You have an attention for detail, focusing on client experience without losing site of the bigger picture
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and covering letter to quoting the job title in the email subject field, or drop your application off in person to IRSA PEI – 49 Water Street, Charlottetown, PE.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
IRSA PEI is committed to an equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women, members of visible minority groups, First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression, and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and IRSA to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $28.14 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Management: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-10
Expected start date: 2023-02-13
About the Company
Company: Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI –
Company Location: Charlottetown, PE