General Manager, Banquets and Catering Job at ASSINIBOINE PARK CONSERVANCY – Winnipeg, MB
General Manager, Banquets & Catering
Who we are:
Creating the future vision for one of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada’s most prized treasures, Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) is the not-for-profit organization that oversees Assiniboine Park’s operations and ensures its ongoing redevelopment and financial viability. Our team is inspired to create and deliver extraordinary experiences for the people who visit and use the Park and Zoo including building friendly, supportive, effective relationships with stakeholders, community and the general public. We want to be a place where people share the wonders of nature in a way that inspires them to conserve it for the future.
The General Manager (GM), Banquets & Catering is responsible for achieving sales targets for catering sales across the park & zoo as well as operational standards and efficiency. This includes all aspects of sales strategy & tactics as well as measurements and overall event management, including maintaining a profitable catering operation and achieving budgeted margins. Reporting to the Senior Director, Food & Beverage, the GM, Banquets & Catering works closely with the Director, Food and Beverage and own team, (catering coordinators & kitchen managers/chefs) as well as building and maintaining relationships with corporate clients and suppliers.
The GM, Banquet & Catering works closely with the Marketing & Sales department in strategizing and planning for new banquet & catering revenue-generating opportunities while ensuring guests of the Park enjoy outstanding customer experiences through service excellence.
- A high school diploma and/or GED equivalent.
- Degree/diploma in Hotel/Restaurant or Hospitality Service.
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years management experience managing catering & banquet sales.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a variety of event types.
- Minimum 10 years Catering/Sales experience.
- Excellent proficiency with appropriate computer programs including Microsoft Office software and other software used by the organization.
- Previous experience or knowledge in using audio/visual equipment and computer programs/event booking software.
What we have to offer:
- The opportunity for career development and progression within the food and beverage department
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Plan
- Participation in APC’s group RRSP plan with 6% employer contribution
- Minimum of three (3) weeks paid vacation annually
- Paid sick leave and long term disability plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- An Inclusive work environment
- Zoo membership
- Free parking
- Park discounts
- Beautiful Park setting
APC is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Indigenous people, underrepresented community members, and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
How to apply:
All interested applicants can submit their résumé and cover letter, stating their wage expectations on our career website:
Deadline to apply: July 25, 2022
If selected for an interview, candidates must provide proof of Covid-19 Fully Vaccinated status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- managing catering & banquet sales: 5 years (preferred)
- managing a variety of event types: 5 years (preferred)
- Catering/Sales: 10 years (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-07-15
About the Company
Company: ASSINIBOINE PARK CONSERVANCY –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB