Grants Manager Job at JUST ASSOCIATES, INC – Cape Town, Western Cape
Region: Preference for candidates based in one of JASS’ regions: Mesoamerica, Southern Africa, Southeast Asia
Reporting to: Director of Finance and Operations
JASS (Just Associates), an international women’s rights organization grounded in regional networks in Southeast Asia, Southern Africa and Mesoamerica, is dedicated to strengthening the voice, visibility and collective organizing power of women. JASS is an equal opportunity employer that values and is enriched by diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ, and differently abled people to apply. If this job description resonates with your background and interests and excites you, we strongly urge you to apply. We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Finance Grants Manager to join our Cross-regional finance and operations team. This is an exciting position working directly with our regional finance and operations team to support the consolidation and strengthening of JASS’ grant management systems.
1. Thoroughly review grants, contracts and pass-through agreements prior to signature (with relevant cross-regional/regional grant manager), take note and share key details and deadlines
2. Enter all relevant information into JASS’ cloud based accounting system (INTACCT) including to ensure accurate revenue recognition, tracking of finance deliverables and the set-up of new grant numbers as necessary.
3. Ensure the compliance with all grant provisions and local regulations.
4. Work with Director responsible for grants oversight to monitor and support regional and cross-regional teams in the allocations of grant expenditures in line with budget, JASS’ expense allocation policy and undertake reallocations as necessary.
5. Prepare financial reports for all core grants and support regional teams in regional grant reporting in line with requirements and program reports.
6. Support budget preparation for fundraising proposals and JASS’ annual planning and budgeting process
7. Support institutional partners to meet the reporting requirements of Strategic subgranting Partnerships; develop templates, review and support consolidation of reports and trouble-shooting as needed.
8. Support JASS Subgranting and Mobilisation Fund mechanisms to ensure compliance with JASS finance policy, specific donors requirements and relevant processes and templates centrally stored.
9. Manage grant database (Bloomerang) and ensure that information is correctly reflected in the platform.
10. Optimize the grant administration process.
11. Become main point of information about grants to regional and cross regional teams.
12. Participate in relevant meetings around grant management.
1. Contribute to the workflow of the global finance and operations team.
2. Document payments and expenditure according to budget and grant structure of the organization. Ensure local compliance.
3. Participate and contribute to the annual external audit for JASS
4. Contribute and make recommendation to the direct/indirect cost rate structure
· BA in accounting, finance and/or Business Administration field
· Minimum of 3 years working in a similar position for a nonprofit organization; familiar with GAAP and non-profit specific accounting requirements; prior hands-on accounting and INTACCT experience a strong plus.
· Experience accounting for and reporting on a variety of restricted funding sources, including private foundations and government grants, with a clear understanding of cost classifications, expense allocations and cost recovery methodologies
· Strong and responsive communicator including on email, Skype, Wire and with colleagues across different offices/time zones/cultures
· Organized, productive, and extremely detail oriented.
· Reliable and able to work effectively to timelines with minimal supervision, while also knowing when to ask for help
· Experience working for an international NGO a plus
· Spanish language skills a plus
· Commitment to the goals and mission of JASS
Any interested applicant, please send the cover letter and your resume with the desired salary and indicate “Finance Grants Manager – your name” on the subject line. Interview will be on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: R515,000.00 – R660,000.00 per year
Our team is working virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the Company
Company: JUST ASSOCIATES, INC –
Company Location: Cape Town, Western Cape