Head of Nursing (Cancer Services) Job at The London Clinic – London
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Nursing (Cancer Services) to join our Oncology & Haematology Services Team based across our Cancer Centre and main Hospital (London, W1G) with a competitive inclusive salary on offer. The London Clinic has a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
This advert will close on Sunday 15th August, or once a suitable number of applications have been received, please do submit your interest ASAP.
Through strong clinical leadership the Head of Nursing (Cancer Services) will support the Ward and Departmental Sisters/Charge Nurses to promote excellence in nursing to maintain and improve clinical standards and develop our business.
Job Type: Permanent and Full Time
Shifts: 37.5 hours per week with 1 day a week working from home. Working weekdays, with the ability to support during nights/weekends, as required by the Service.
Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package including a contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 days annual leave (inclusive), as well as a wide range of other benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide managerial and professional leadership and be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe patient centred cancer care across The Clinic that meets the needs of patients and their families.
- Building strong relationship with the Consultant and medical teams, promoting quality improvement and working together on the development of new services
- Work closely with the Director of Nursing, other Heads of Nursing, the and other Executive Directors, in the on-going evaluation and review of the delivery of cancer services.
- Ensure that the operational and strategic practice of Cancer Services is regularly communicated throughout The Clinic and that appropriate consultation takes place when significant change is required
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC registration
- Broad Oncology & Haematology-based clinical experience relevant to the post.
- A proven track record of operational service management at a senior level in an acute hospital environment, including staff management, financial management and change management.
- Well-developed leadership and influencing skills with the ability to enthuse, motivate and involve individuals and teams, and have them understand the Clinic’s and your performance expectations
We are an organisation that has charitable status, and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply – we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £85,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
About the Company
Company: The London Clinic –
Company Location: London