Home Supervisor Job at New Directions – Winnipeg, MB
SHIFT STAFFED HOMES
New Directions is a non-profit social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that provide supports in a variety of settings and foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities.
We are currently seeking full-time Home Supervisors to join the Shift Staffed Homes team. Shift Staffed Homes is one of the many service areas within New Directions that provide community homes for adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Our community-based resources promote a sense of belonging and provide opportunities to the individuals we support to engage in a meaningful life. This is achieved by providing person-centered support in their home. Shift Staffed Homes operates 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Fostering a positive relationship with the individuals living in the home, their family members,
- Leading and supervising a team of Direct Support Workers. This includes conducting new hire onboarding and training, scheduling, conducting staff meetings, and addressing concerns,
- Liaising with collateral supports such as schools, day services, social workers, and healthcare professionals,
- Providing direct support to individuals living in the home which include supporting people to be connected to their community, assisting with daily living activities,
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations in a community home which include housekeeping duties, grocery shopping, tracking home maintenance and repairs,
- Administrative duties which include preparing reports and emails,
- Financial duties which include balancing and accounting for monthly expenditures,
- Participating in the on-call rotation,
- Other assigned duties as needed.
- Post-secondary education in a social services field (e.g., social work, psychology, disability, and community support etc.) with experience supporting individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities,
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities,
- Proven knowledge and ability in decision-making, problem-solving, crisis management and conflict resolution,
- Proven ability to provide effective leadership within a team environment with respect, professionalism, and cultural awareness,
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills,
- Proven ability to work within the person-centered framework,
- Applicants are required to have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle,
- Applicants are required to have current First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification.
- Knowledge of American Sign Language (ASL) is considered an asset.
The salary range for this 40-hour per week, full-time position is $19.83 to $27.78 per hour (equivalent to $41,246 to $57,782 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience of the successful candidate. A full benefits package (which include Health and Dental Benefits, Long Term Disability Benefits, and a Pension Plan) is provided to regular full-time staff.
The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record, Child Abuse Registry, Prior Contact, and Adult Abuse Registry Checks. A recent Driver’s Abstract and Driver’s Safety Rating must also be provided.
With a commitment to health and safety and in order to continue our mission “to provide responsive and individualized services”, New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults & Families requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, in a manner approved by Health Canada, as a condition of employment for all new employees. (Exceptions and accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with The Human Rights Code of Manitoba. In these cases, reasonable supporting documentation will be required.)
Please forward your resume and covering letter by January 16th 2023 to:
New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults and Families
500 – 717 Portage Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3G 0M8
Email: [email protected]
Please include the job posting number POSTING #JA-SSH-006-22 in your email subject line and/or in your cover letter. Applications without a job posting number quoted may not be considered.
Applicants who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing are encouraged to apply directly to [email protected], for an accessible application and selection process
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
About the Company
Company: New Directions –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB