HOUSE TEAM LEAD Job at Trailblazers Life Choices Inc. – Winnipeg, MB
Trailblazers Life Choices Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing services to those who are experiencing intellectual challenges, mental illnesses and physical disabilities. You as a part of Trailblazers life choices Inc. will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functioning of the individual(s) and staff within the house. You will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of care services within your department (house), ensure a safe work environment, drive productivity, and foster engagement among employees. Main duties include:
· Manage all daily living arrangements in the house and ensures that all aspects of the care are provided to the clients with standards agreed in the community and with best professional care practice.
· Communicate in a timely way all necessary information regarding the individuals in the house to other relevant staff, parents and authorities as appropriate.
· Keep up to date all clients’ records and prepare and present IPP’s for each participant.
· Be responsible for Medical Administration in the house and all associated record keeping.
· Organize recreational and leisure time activities on behalf of the individuals according to their needs and interests.
· Organize outings with the house community, preparing necessary risk assessments and outing plans.
· Accompany individuals to medical/ dental appointments as required.
· Coordinate and run a monthly ‘Team Meetings’ with members of the house team in order to discuss all relevant issues regarding the clients, life and work at Residence, or answer questions and concerns from staff.
· Manage program resources and information to achieve planned outcomes.
· Approve timesheets and vacation applications
– Payroll – Submit staff timesheets and complete timesheet summary
– Inclusion Systems – Ensure that daily pay matches the timesheet summary (weekly)
– Inclusion Systems – Create biweekly schedule
· Coordinate accurate recording of client fees, maintain residence’s financials and follow up outstanding debts as they arise.
· Positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
· A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
· First Aid/CPR Certificate and NVCI Certificate
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Previous residential experience and understanding of Manitoba licensing legislation, regulations and standards, as well as, planning, organizational and administrative skills.
· Knowledge of basic health and safety rules
· Completion of a high school diploma or equivalency.
· Strong written and verbal communication;
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Three years’ experience in a related role and supporting individuals with disabilities, demonstrating empathy and developing practical, supportive and effective working relationships.
· Certificate in Disability and Community Support
· Knowledge of developmental disabilities
WAGE IS BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- How many years of residential support worker experience do you have?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- First Aid Certificate (preferred)
- Class 5 (f or i) Driver’s License (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Trailblazers Life Choices Inc. –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB