Human Resources Generalist Job at Texas Muslim Women’s Foundation – Plano, TX
Human Resources Generalist Job Description
Reports to : Cheif Operating Officer
The Human Resources Generalist will be the main point of contact for employee’s queries on HR-related topics. This position will be primarily responsible for coordinating the company’s benefits programs, helping with payroll, and administering policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Implements and supports company-wide policies and procedures, administrative guidelines, and human resources best practices
- Provide recruitment support for direct hire positions including posting job advertisements, completing initial phone interviews, scheduling interviews with applicable division managers, extending offer letters, and processing pre-employment screenings including background checks and DMV records
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources and employment law; applying this knowledge to communicate changes needed in policy, practice, and resources to upper management
- Help payroll collection and data entry each week. Assists with special reports and various projects as needed.
- Update and manage employee vacation usage; Communicate with team members as necessary
- Main point of contact for employee benefits questions and leads the annual benefits renewal
- Serves as the benefits liaison between vendor and employees
- Ensures legal compliance with all federal, state, and local employment statutes
- Manage all workers’ compensation and maintain Workers’ Compensation (WC) files and log
- Supports the Company safety program (e.g., workers’ compensation, OSHA guidelines, procedures)
- Oversees the performance management system (e.g., feedback, discipline, documentation)
- Supports New Employee Orientation sessions (e.g., new hire paperwork, I-9 Forms, on-boarding program)
- Coordinates training and development efforts (e.g., sexual harassment, administrative procedures, performance management)
- Ensures proper entry, storage, and tracking of employee data (e.g., application, benefits, wages, vacation, sick time)
- Supports the organizational culture that fosters positive employee relations, teamwork, and productivity
- Maintains legally compliant file management procedures (e.g., storage, documentation, destruction)
- Update and manage all organization insurances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Bachelor degree, and certification in Human Resources
- Proficient in English
- Experience with Tsheets preferred
- 2+ Years of Experience in Human Resources/ Recruiting required
- Thorough knowledge of all federal, state, and local employment-related laws and regulations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and results oriented
- Persistent, organized and highly motivated
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement
- Complete background check
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and minimum level of work being performed. The employee will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required by the job objectives, and mission and philosophy of Texas Muslim Women’s Foundation, Inc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Providing PPE, social distancing and wearing masks, sanatizing stations.
- Human resources: 2 years (Preferred)
- SHRM Certified Professional (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Texas Muslim Women’s Foundation –
Company Location: Plano, TX