OPS0339 – 111 Clinical Advisor, Remote Home Based Job at Devon Doctors – Home Based
It’s an exciting time to be joining Devon Doctors Group, as we continue to expand and add to our Clinical Team in Exeter. If you are a Nurse or Paramedic who is committed to Putting Patients First, and are looking for a role with less physical demands and a better work/life balance alongside delivering high quality healthcare advice, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our Integrated Urgent Care 111 Service.
Our service is operational 24/7 365 days a year and is primarily a non-emergency service, providing advice and guiding patients to the most appropriate urgent care service based on telephone triage.
Being a Clinical Advisor with us is a demanding yet highly rewarding career, where you will be able to consistently make a difference to patients every day. We also offer fantastic support for career progression and personal development as an integral member of our team.
Who We Are Looking For
You must be a registered nurse or paramedic with at least 2 years’ experience in an Acute or Primary/Community Care setting and you will ideally be NHS Pathways trained (although paid training can be provided).
You’ll be supporting our Health Advisors in our Contact Centre, when calls are directed to you for patients requiring clinical advice. You will be confident in utilising your clinical expertise alongside our NHS Pathways software to support our patients, ensuring that they receive the most suitable treatment tailored to their individual needs. You will be comfortable discussing treatment, ranging from self-care advice to referring patients to other services such as OOH appointments or to other members of our multidisciplinary team.
Our service, whilst considered non-urgent, does receive calls of an emotional, distressing or life-threatening nature and there will be times when 999 services may need to be dispatched.
Why Work with Devon Doctors Group?
We are a not-for-profit organisation that has been delivering urgent care to the county’s million plus residents for more than 20 years. Our sister companies, Mayflower Medical Group and Access Dental, also offer a range of dentistry and primary care services across the Peninsula. Since April 2018 we have also been providing the Integrated Urgent Care Service in Somerset.
What Do You Receive in Return?
· A range of full and part time shift patterns available within a 24/7 operation, located across 3 sites in Devon and Somerset and with the potential for remote working if you are already NHS Pathways trained and have at least 1 years’ experience within 111 (please state preferred hours on your application)
· Full NHS Clinical Pathways training offered, resulting in a full NHS Pathways Licence upon successful completion of training
· Hourly rates of pay between £14.65 to £27.06 per hour (excluding Bank Holiday enhancements)
· Optional overtime shifts available – A great way to increase your earning potential
· Access to the company’s EAP, which includes counselling support and free financial advice
· NHS Pension
· Perkbox benefits
· Generous annual leave entitlement – 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
· Online shift booking system available at your fingertips 24/7/365
· Fantastic support and opportunities to progress your career, developing into additional roles including Clinical Coach/Auditor, Clinical Navigator and Clinical Pathways Trainer
· Opportunities to work and develop in varying roles across the Devon Doctors Group portfolio of services, including the ability to apply for our ACP apprenticeship programme within the IUCS
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
If you would like to find out more information, or to sign up please contact our friendly Recruitment Team either by e-mail (please attach your CV and cover letter) or by calling us on 0300 303 1722.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £14.65-£27.06 per hour
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- NMC or HCPC registration (required)
About the Company
Company: Devon Doctors –
Company Location: Home Based