Product & Pricing Analyst Job at Manitoba Blue Cross – Winnipeg, MB
As an independent and not for profit organization for over 40 years, we provide health, dental, employee assistance, disability, travel and life coverage to over half a million Manitobans.
At Manitoba Blue Cross, our people are the key to our success! Consider becoming part of our team of professionals committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Join us as we serve our neighbours to support and strengthen our community.
JOB TITLE PRODUCT AND PRICING ANALYST
REPORTS TO Vice President & Chief Risk Officer
The Product and Pricing Analyst is responsible for the coordination, analysis, maintenance, and monitoring of all product initiatives for the Pricing, Data, and Compliance Division. Reporting directly to the Vice President and Chief Risk Officer and a member of the Product Committee, the Analyst collaborates with all divisions to ensure that product initiatives are prioritized and completed within agreed upon timeframes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and maintains an inventory and documentation of all Manitoba Blue Cross/Blue Cross Life products.
- Creates and maintains an inventory of all competitor products.
- Creates and implements a cyclical review schedule for all existing products.
- Builds a reporting framework for all products.
- Works cross-functionally with all relevant business areas to identify product development opportunities.
- Works with external stakeholders to identify product improvement/development opportunities.
- Extracts and analyzes large data sets to make data driven product recommendations.
- Tracks KPIs of product initiatives and sales/customer service metrics.
- Creates and maintains a prioritized list of product initiatives.
- Assists in the development of a long-term vision Product Roadmap.
- Monitors competitive and consumer trends and reports to Management.
- Participates and/or initiates customer research activities.
- Prepares and conducts presentations; provides recommendations to the Product Committee and Senior Leadership.
- Works closely with the Actuarial and Sales teams to determine optimal pricing for products.
- Assists in the development of marketing campaigns.
- Leads or assists in the development of business cases using our established business processes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service, committed to responding to, anticipating, and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
- Post-secondary degree, certificate, or diploma in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics or equivalent. An equivalent combination of education and 2-3 years experience in the insurance industry will be considered.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels within the organization in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Strong communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Good technical writing abilities or the ability to acquire such skills through external sources or training.
- Above average quantitative methods and mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, assess and provide options and make recommendations.
- An appreciation for and broad understanding of management information systems, as well as the technology and logic supporting them.
- Self-directed, with exceptional organizational skills and a proven record of managing and prioritizing multiple tasks within varied and dynamic timelines on an ongoing basis.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Committed to life-long learning and professional development.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Cognos, Power BI and other analytical tools an asset. Knowledge of Manitoba Blue Cross products, systems and terminology is an asset.
- Capable of completing industry education programs entailing self-directed study and the writing of graded examinations. Specific programs include but are not limited to LOMA, CEBS, and ICA. Discipline-specific study may be required in areas such as project management, communication, etc. Enrollment in, and completion of, such courses will be encouraged and may influence future advancement opportunities.
We offer competitive salary, a generous employer-paid benefits package, hybrid work arrangements, a flex work schedule, generous vacation, and a health and wellness program with an on-site fitness centre. We are committed to creating a rewarding environment to foster learning and development for our staff. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward a resume and cover letter, indicating salary expectations, by July 25, 2022.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to reviewing your application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
Only those being considered for the selection process will be contacted.
About the Company
Company: Manitoba Blue Cross –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB