Receptionist / Admin Assistant – DELFT Job at HOPE Cape Town – Cape Town, Western Cape
Opportunity type: Employment
HOPE Cape Town seeks to appoint a Receptionist
Location: Delft Cape Town
HOPE Cape Town is a registered non-profit organisation based in Cape Town, dedicated to raising
the quality of life of people and communities. Emphasis is placed on vulnerable children, adolescents and their families.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated receptionist to manage our reception desk and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Our receptionist should be friendly and professional with a passion for community service.
· Greet and welcome visitors as soon as they arrive
· Direct visitors to the appropriate building, office or person.
· Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
· Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable
· Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
· Receive, sort and distribute mail and deliveries.
· Manage venue booking schedule
· Compile order lists for office stationery and consumables and keep and inventory of stock.
· Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing and photocopying etc.
Minimum requirements and skills
- Minimum 2 (two) years work experience as a receptionist / office administrator
- Grade 12
- Certificate in Office Administration or similar
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and spoken). Fluent in English and at least one other language (preferably Xhosa or Afrikaans)
- Ability to multitask and to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Computer skills (including MS Office and associated software)
- Highly professional and presentable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Reliable transport
- No criminal record
Please draft a letter of motivation addressed to the Administrator detailing why you are interested in this opportunity along with your CV and at least 3 contactable references to email address provided. Please use Employment Application: Receptionist in the title line of the email.
Kindly note, due to high influx of applications, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear back from us within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Contract length: 12 months
Application Deadline: 2021/07/18
Expected Start Date: 2021/08/01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
All clients and staff are required to wear masks. Hand sanitizer readily available. Surfaces regularly sanitized.
COVID screening in place.
About the Company
Company: HOPE Cape Town –
Company Location: Cape Town, Western Cape