Rehabilitation Services Coordinator Job at March of Dimes Canada – Edmonton, AB
Location/Lieu: Edmonton, Alberta
Position/Poste: Rehabilitation Services Coordinator – One Permanent Full Time Position/ 35 Hours per week
Who is March of Dimes Canada?
March of Dimes Canada (MODC) is a federally registered national charity that offers a wide variety of programs and services to Canadians living with disabilities. Our organization has been on the forefront of the disability movement since 1951 when a group of mothers went door-to-door collecting dimes in support of polio research. We work for people with disabilities and seniors, assisting them with daily living, rehabilitation and employment. Our organization is focused on a bold vision of enhancing services, financing the vision, building partnerships and creating an appropriate and sustainable infrastructure.
Why join March of Dimes Canada?
- Deeply satisfying work with one of the most respected agencies in Canada
- A stable and supportive team of proud workers, many who have been with us for years
- Successful employee training program
- Competitive benefits package
- Pension plan
- Best practices for protecting health and safety
- Excellent safety record with COVID-19
- Scheduling allows for work/life balance
Would you like to play a critical role in advancing the growth of a leading, national, not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to maximizing the independence of people with disabilities and seniors?
March of Dimes Canada is one of the largest providers of community support services in Canada, with a staff of over 1,600 workers and an annual budget well above $100 million. Our Community Support Services team, which is primarily funded by governments, provides essential services that enable people to live as independently as possible. Whether a person’s disability is physical, cognitive or the result of brain injury or aging, we assist individuals in their homes and communities, helping them gain a greater level of functioning and connection with others. Last year, we facilitated a better quality of life for more than 6,100 clients nationwide.
We’re looking for a dynamic Rehabilitation Services Coordinator to join the team in our Edmonton office. In this role, you will work closely with our core team to coordinate service delivery to individuals who have a variety of specialized needs, including those living with acquired brain injury. By collaborating with our frontline staff and working directly with our clients and their families, you will support people with disabilities in their pursuit of safe, happy, and independent lives.
At March of Dimes Canada, we foster a culture that celebrates shared responsibility, mutual support and professional development. We offer internal and external training opportunities that will enhance your skill set and ensure your success in this role.
Are you ready to begin an exciting new chapter in your rehabilitation services career?
Duties / Fonctions:
Plan and implement programs designed to enhance the efficiency and safe delivery of Community Support Services to consumers with an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) by:
- Effectively managing and approving program resources, and human and financial needs, to meet program goals and objectives
- Recruiting, hiring, training, supervising and evaluating support services staff, within a pre-determined budget in accordance with the approved program plans
- Coordinating the assessment, development, and implementation of Individual Rehabilitation Plan’s with assigned staff
- Monitoring and evaluating operational effectiveness and implementing changes required for improvement
- Participating as a member of the CSS administration team in planning, problem resolution, quality improvement and review of service delivery performance
- Acting as a resource to staff and families in the provision of long-term support and service coordination for complex or catastrophic cases, in order to enable adults with ABI to remain in the community
- Participating on community committees where appropriate
- Acting as a staff resource to support activities of the Community Support Supervisor
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services program or equivalent preferred
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in the Social Services/Health Sector, coordinating services for individuals with ABI
- Concrete knowledge of the effects of an ABI
- Community based experience working with individuals with an ABI, physical disabilities or special needs
- Demonstrated experience supervising or leading teams
- Working knowledge of third-party funders and corresponding legislation
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and train employees; and to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments
- Strong ability to assess and determine effective compensatory strategies for individuals with brain injuries
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Skilled in budget preparation and fiscal management
- Knowledge of human relations and behavior management principles
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- General understanding of computer hardware and software
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au: April 13, 2022
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Matthew Kay
Position: Regional Director
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code): 7-8 Hooper Crescent NW, Edmonton AB T5A 4K7
Please note that March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommended by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Application deadline: 2022-04-13
About the Company
Company: March of Dimes Canada –
Company Location: Edmonton, AB