Residential Supervisor Job at Turning Leaf Support Services – Winnipeg, MB
Turning Leaf is a non-profit, charitable organization that provides person-centered, crisis and treatment services to low and high-risk vulnerable and marginalized individuals living with mental illness and intellectual challenge in our community.
Turning Leaf’s support is customized to every individual’s needs and risk level. We offer crisis-intervention and treatment services, community support, day program services, residential support (including emergency housing, 24-hour homes, cluster housing, and home share), a harm reduction program, clinical services, indigenous services and more.
WHO WE SUPPORT
The participants of our programs are often deeply impacted by their circumstances which can become barriers to living safely and independently in the community. Trauma, homelessness, poverty, addictions, discrimination, sexual exploitation, societal stigmas, and lack of access to resources are some of the barriers our participants face every day.
MAKE AN IMPACT
Being a part of the Turning Leaf family means you will have the opportunity to make a direct and positive impact on people’s lives every day. The work is challenging in all the best ways and deeply rewarding. Many of our employees say they have found their life’s purpose while working here.
Turning Leaf provides ongoing, meaningful training to ensure we remain an industry leader and that our employees have the skills and confidence to be successful in their careers. We are an organization that pledges to uphold a workplace culture of inclusion, diversity, compassion, and respect.
We are growing more and more all the time and we are always hiring. If you feel called to be a part of the Turning Leaf team, please apply today.
New Hire Incentive Program: Full/Part-Time new hires will receive a $200 bonus after six months of employment
RESIDENTIAL SUPERVISOR JOB SUMMARY
Turning Leaf Support Services’ Residential Support Division is designed to provide 24-hour, in facility, person-centered supports to adults (or individuals transitioning to adulthood) who are living with intellectual challenge, developmental disability and/or mental illness.
Residential Supervisors report directly to the Residential Clinical Case Managers and are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the home. Direct responsibilities include (but not limited to): providing leadership, training, developing, scheduling, and supervising staff, ensuring the home operates in conjunction with provincial licensing, follows the agency policies and procedures, maintains the home’s budget and ensuring that the resident(s) needs are being met.
The Residential Supervisor will participate in systems team meetings with collaterals alongside the Residential Clinical Case Manager when designing behaviour plans, will ensure the participant attends all necessary appointments that may include: probation meetings, medication reviews, medical, therapy, day program, etc. Additionally, the Residential Supervisor will ensure that all critical information pertaining to the participants or the home are reported directly to the Residential Clinical Case Manager.
- Cover letter and updated resume
- 18 years of age or older
- Available anytime 40 hours p/week (Full time)
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check (no older than 3 months)
- Valid Drivers License is required
- Valid Standard First Aid / CPR Certification
- Minimum two years in a supervisory role
- Minimum four years related work experience
- Knowledge of behaviour modification, supportive communication, and the stages of change
- Experience working with individuals struggling with addictions
- Experience working with individuals with FASD, Schizophrenia, ODD, ARND, or ABI
- Dedication to continuous profession/skill development
- Experience effectively navigating through potentially high-risk situations through verbal de-escalation techniques, and the ability to stay calm in potentially high stress situations.
- Completion of a Post-Secondary Education in Human Services (Certificate, Diploma or Degree) is considered an asset
- Three employment references
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Turning Leaf Residential Supervisors must possess the capacity to be aware of and control one’s emotions. Moreover, Residential Supervisors must be able to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, empathetically, and professionally while executing their responsibilities and providing Turning Leaf’s person-centered supports.
In addition, Residential Supervisors must possess experience with and skills in:
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Excellent ability to write detailed reports
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a professional and timely manner
- Consistency with processes and daily tasks
- Self-starter and proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general information and data
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel. Treat all with dignity and respect. Open and receptive to people’s needs
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively present information in a clear manner, demonstrate procedures and respond to questions
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with individuals presenting with a variety of communication abilities and limitations
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER BENEFITS
- Salary paid
- Health Benefits immediately
- GRRSP Program (optional)
- Enrolled on the Corporate Cellular Phone Plan
- Three weeks vacation
- Paid Wellness Time
- Bereavement and Compassionate Care Time
- Mileage Reimbursement (when applicable)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Expense reimbursement (must be pre-approved expenses)
- Paid training (First Aid/CPR, NVCI, VPA, etc.)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Residential Support: 4 years (required)
- Supervisory: 2 years (required)
- read and write fluent in English (required)
- drivers license with reliable vehicle (required)
About the Company
Company: Turning Leaf Support Services –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB