Social Media Specialist Job at Manitoba Metis Federation – Winnipeg, MB
MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
June 21, 2022
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the democratic Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Social Media Specialist position within our Communications Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for helping grow MMF’s online presence through social media engagement and improving the experience within our online communities. The salary range for this position is $40,000-$50,000.
- Monitor and coordinate activities on MMF related social media properties, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn;
- Act as content creation lead regarding new content, video, marketing efforts through social media;
- Develop and execute social campaigns including video content and social advertising in accordance with our marketing calendar;
- Oversee the social media account’s layout;
- Research, write, and edit articles, news releases, web content, and other promotional materials aimed at various internal and external audiences;
- Track MMF media coverage electronically, measure web traffic and monitor Search Engine Optimization (SEO);
- Curate and develop social media calendars and manage implementation, monitoring and reporting of the social media strategy.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in marketing, professional writing, creative communications, media production or related field;
- Minimum one year in-field experience;
- Extensive experience in multiple social media platforms developing social media strategies and best practices;
- Experience in creating short and long form video content and video editing;
- In-depth knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), keyword research and Google Analytics;
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number. This posting is open until filled.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email or Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Vision care
About the Company
Company: Manitoba Metis Federation –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB