Sr. Product Manager – Technical, Authoritative Coverage, IMDb Content Job at Amazon Dev Centre(Scotland)Ltd – Bristol
- Experience in technical product management, program management or engineering
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience with end to end product delivery
Sr. Product Manager Technical – Authoritative Coverage
With more than 400 million searchable data items — including 7.5 million movie, TV and entertainment titles, 11 million cast and crew members and 11 million images — IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for information on movies, TV shows and celebrities, and has a combined web and mobile audience of more than 200 million monthly visitors. The IMDb database is continually growing, thanks to a vast contributor community of entertainment professionals and companies, IMDb staff, individual contributors and other trusted sources. IMDb content is integrated into strategically important parts of Amazon and AWS businesses, including Amazon Fire TV, Alexa, and X-Ray on Prime Video. IMDb licenses information from its vast and authoritative database to third-party businesses, including film studios, television networks, streaming services and cable companies, as well as airlines, electronics manufacturers, non-profit organizations and software developers. Learn more at developer.imdb.com.
Other IMDb products and services include: the IMDb website for desktop and mobile devices; apps for iOS and Android; a free streaming channel, IMDb TV; and IMDb original video series and podcasts. For entertainment industry professionals, IMDb provides IMDbPro and Box Office Mojo. IMDb is an Amazon company. For more information, visit imdb.com/press and follow @IMDb.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager – Tech who will work with operations, design, and technology leaders to scale our content growth and improve IMDb’s data coverage around the globe. You will obsess about customers, have excellent business judgment, and strong attention to detail. You will partner closely with IMDb and Amazon stakeholders to analyze customer and business needs, establish mechanisms to track program health, and deliver success across KPIs including catalogue coverage, data timeliness, and matching accuracy. You will own our ingestion and matching systems and acquisition tools, partnering with our global operations team and program managers to drive continuous improvements and step-change innovation to our processes. You will deeply understand how we measure, inspect, and improve the authority and completeness of our entire catalogue. You will drive the roadmap for the short- and long-term improvements we need and advocate on behalf of our internal customers. You’ll be responsible for reporting on the health of this business, and building and prioritizing a roadmap.
You will excel in the following areas:
- Customer Insight & Innovation: You live and breathe customer insights. You and your team develop bold, innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Product Delivery: Define and own your team’s short and long-term product roadmap, including business cases, user stories, customer experience, and rapid delivery in an Agile environment.
- Business Growth: Managing the complete business of your product area including establishing key metrics, setting and meeting goals on customers, customer engagement, and retention.
- Cross-Functional Partnership: Foster tight partnerships with key stakeholders. This role in particular requires strong relationships with peers on customer service, operations, and technology teams.
- Technical Fluency: You are not an engineer, but you understand how your products get built and can use that knowledge to work with your global product and engineering partners to make smart decisions.
- Communication: Proactively communicate your teams’ plans and accomplishments in both verbal and written narratives to ensure alignment with senior leadership and technical partners.
Key job responsibilities
- Work closely with design, marketing, advertising, business intelligence, and engineering teams in an agile environment to deliver products to market quickly.
- Articulate the multi-year vision for your product areas and write strategy documents to demonstrate how we get there.
- Define and drive high-quality product and technology roadmaps, from concept to execution, as the product lead.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to measure results, research ambiguous problems, identify opportunities to invest, and manage the results of key metrics
- Own weekly, monthly and annual business and product reviews with senior leadership and partner teams.
A day in the life
- Partner with your dedicated technical counterparts to build out sprint-level and long-term roadmap plans.
- Meet with Acquisition Operations teams to prioritize top tools gaps and programmatic changes to our processes.
- Work with peer Product, Program, and Business Intelligence team members to learn new skills and coach others on your superpowers.
- Hang out with a group of passionate, fun, entertainment lovers.
About the team
At IMDb, you’ll be joining a team of seasoned leaders who value execution and decision making at the speed of startups, but with the backing and resources of Amazon. You can expect a culture of ambitious but achievable product development, built in short iterations with lots of experimentation. We celebrate team and personal milestones, and value balanced lifestyles that enable us to be refreshed and productive each day. Best of all, we share a passion for entertainment; we meet regularly with our founder and colleagues to discuss current films, shows, and events.
- Proven experience of end to end product management or technical product management.
- Been responsible for bringing at least two new products or features to market
- Capable of leading complex product roadmap planning and product development cycles
- Experience using large-scale analytics and data, both qualitative and quantitative, to prove business cases, shape product decisions, and measure results
- MBA or related Master’s Degree
- A love of movies and TV
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
About the Company
Company: Amazon Dev Centre(Scotland)Ltd –
Company Location: Bristol