Staffing Resource Assistant Job at St.Amant – Winnipeg, MB
We are hiring for 2 part-time positions: 0.9D/E and 0.7E.
St.Amant is a non-profit organization, offering programs & services throughout Manitoba which support over 1600 children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and their families. We are committed to delivering person and family-centered supports through individualized programs and services. St.Amant is guided by its core values of Collaboration, Hospitality, Excellence and Respect.
Visit St.Amant online at www.stamant.ca
Position Summary and Scope of Service:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Staff Scheduling, the Staffing Resource Assistant is responsible for providing a broad range of administrative support services to Staffing Services team in accordance with the mission and values and the policies and procedures for this service.
- Grade XII diploma or certificate
- Post secondary education with a focus on Human Resource Management; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the HRIS Scheduling software system an asset
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience working as a staffing clerk, preferably in a health care setting
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the use of the full range of modern office equipment
- Strong computer capabilities with experience in using Microsoft Office products and applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Outlook and Internet browsers
- Experience working with HRIS scheduling systems
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience in performing a wide range of administrative/secretarial tasks
- Experience in managing large volumes of accurate schedules
- Experience in creating and maintaining workflow templates and forms for scheduling areas
- Experience working with employees and managers in an effective and professional manner
- Basic knowledge of human resources related legislation/s and collective agreements an asset
- Demonstrate confidential and ethical behavior in the performance of all duties
- Function effectively as a team member, demonstrating emotional stability and objectivity when dealing with challenging/changing work environments
- Able to work well under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met
- Able to work independently and harmoniously within a multi-disciplined group
- Self motivated, confident, creative, innovative and collaborative
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides a broad range of quality administrative support activities. Quality services are evident when professional communication, timeliness, accuracy, ethical awareness/sensitivity, confidentiality are consistently demonstrated as required by legislation and program/service standards
- Responsible for the replacement of all shifts as approved according to accepted staff protocols, St.Amant policies and applicable contracts
- Contacts all appropriate parties with relevance to the changed schedules
- Enters all appropriate data into the scheduling system
- Tracks individual usage of vacation, stats, overtime banks etc. and inform manager when levels are inconsistent with the requested time off
- Files all required documentation regarding scheduling services and follows up as required
- Maintains files and other relevant documentation related to staffing services
- Processes approved late vacations and stat requests
- Assists with General Orientation preparation as of materials regarding scheduling
- Provides photocopy, fax, departmental mail and electronic mail
- Assists in the collection of data for the collective agreement bargaining
- Adheres to all collective agreements and policies and procedure of St.Amant
- Assists with special projects as assigned
Duties and Responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Resource Management
- Quality Management and Process Improvement
- Organization Planning and Development
The above information is intended to describe the general nature of this position and is not considered to be a complete statement of duties and responsibilities. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned provided they are consistent with the qualifications identified and fall within the parameters of this role.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes; Extended Healthcare & Dental Plans, Life Insurance Plan, Disability & Rehabilitation, Employer Paid-Employee Assistance Plan, and Employer-Matched Pension Plan. We also offer access to an on-site gym access, professional development training opportunities, and affordable staff parking.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, adult abuse registry check, and a child abuse registry check and prior contact check.
As a Condition of Employment, new hires must complete a series of Occupational Health checks. This includes the requirement to confirm immunization or immunity of specific communicable diseases. Successful applicants will also be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date.
St.Amant supports equitable employment practices and promotes an inclusive workforce representative of the people we support including diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, and identities. Applicants can request reasonable accommodations in all aspects of the selection and hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.19-$22.20 per hour
- Please provide your email addess
- Secondary School (required)
- Staffing Clerk: 2 years (preferred)
About the Company
Company: St.Amant –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB