Student and Industry Liaison Job at Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development – Winnipeg, MB
POSITION: Student and Industry Liaison
DEPARTMENT: NEEGINAN COLLEGE
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2022NC-SIL06
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 p.m., Friday, July 1, 2022
SALARY/WAGE: $26.16 per hour for 37.5 hours per week
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, full time.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible.
Responsible for the assessment and support of students’ education, emotional, social and behavioural needs. Provide supports to students to ensure they can meet their educational goals. Follow-up involves: working with students, referrals to other support agencies, and other professional staff. The Student and Industry Liaison works in conjunction with industry partners to ensure students successfully complete on the job training and practicum opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist students to maintain a healthy living and productive lifestyle by providing information, referral and advocacy on issues affecting student wellness and success.
- Address issues that may affect retention, attendance and/or punctuality during training by conducting calls, home visits and regular student follow up.
- Provide appropriate support and follow up to students at risk of non-completion or required progress and achievement.
- Collaboration and referral to community agencies in order to assess situations and recommend or implement appropriate intervention strategies to ensure the student returns to school.
- Crisis intervention and support.
- Personal, career and education support and advice to students including program planning and funding.
- Develop and conduct student workshops.
- Attend Employment and Income Assistance appeals, or other agency meetings as required
- Ensure required reporting (evaluations, progress, incident and program reports) are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update student files and database.
- Participate and assist with school and student activities.
- Work with CAHRD Employment Services as needed regarding recruitment, job postings, training needs and information for students.
- Act as a Neeginan College of Applied Technology representative at industry/community events, career fairs and meetings.
- Work in collaboration with Instructors and Industry to ensure successful training of participants.
- Facilitate the delivery of employer engagement in connection with the promotion of program participants.
- Meet with mentor/company representatives as needed regarding student success.
- Provide supports to students upon program completion and during employment.
- Bachelor’s of Social Work Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of a Post-Secondary Degree and experience.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- CAHRD requires all of its employees be fully vaccinated against Covid-19; proof of vaccination is required before signing of employment contract
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Counselling experience in an adult setting (education and/or employment).
- Experience and understanding of the Indigenous community is essential.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma and Trauma informed care.
- Experience in working with clients in assessment and support services.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment with respect, professionalism, co-operation, sensitivity and cultural awareness.
- Knowledge of community resources, mental health services, counseling, and personal wellness.
- Demonstrate strong time management, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply effective problem solving and alternative dispute resolution strategies.
Please submit resume and cover letter citing competition number by 4:00 p.m., Friday, July 1, 2022, in one of the following manners:
1. Email employerrep(at)abcentre(dot)org
2. Visit www.cahrd.org/jobs to apply online
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (Status, Non-status, Métis, or Inuit). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is subject to a criminal record check completed with a vulnerable person sector search and a child abuse registry check.
CAHRD is a non-profit Indigenous organization that provides employment services, literacy, education and post-secondary training. All
Indigenous people seeking employment are encouraged to register with CAHRD and take advantage of the free services that are offered.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.16 per hour
Application deadline: 2022-07-01
About the Company
Company: Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB