Supervisor, Park Cafe Job at ASSINIBOINE PARK CONSERVANCY – Winnipeg, MB
Supervisor, Park Café
Who we are:
Who we are: Creating the future vision for one of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada’s most prized treasures, Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) is the not-for-profit organization that oversees Assiniboine Park’s operations and ensures its ongoing redevelopment and financial viability. Our team is inspired to create and deliver extraordinary experiences for the people who visit and use the Park and Zoo including building friendly, supportive, effective relationships with stakeholders, community and the general public. We want to be a place where people share the wonders of nature in a way that inspires them to conserve it for the future.
APC is seeking a Supervisor, Park Café. This positions main responsibility is to provide exceptional customer service to our restaurant patrons. This role is also responsible for providing direction to our support staff and servers on a daily basis. This position will entail the covering of the manager’s days off. This position is part of the tip pool program along with the base hourly wage and we offer a flexible work schedule including weekdays, weekends and holidays, shifts are all daytime hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year hospitality experience, preferably in a fast-paced table service restaurant environment (Equivalent education and experience may be considered).
- Be at least 18 years old (liquor serving requirements).
- Smart Choices Certificate, candidates who do not possess a current certification can be enrolled and paid for through APC.
- Food Handlers Certificate is an asset.
- Ability to speak additional languages, along with being fluent in English, would be considered an asset.
What we have to offer:
- The opportunity for career development and progression within the food and beverage department.
- An Inclusive work environment
- Zoo membership
- Free parking
- Park discounts
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Eligibility for Comprehensive 85% employer-paid group benefits package upon completion of required yearly hours
- Beautiful Park setting
- Day-time Hours
APC is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Indigenous people, underrepresented community members, and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
How to apply:
All interested applicants can submit their résumé and cover letter, stating their wage expectations on our career website:
Deadline to apply: July 21st
If selected for an interview, candidates must provide proof of Covid-19 Fully Vaccinated status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.35-$16.69 per hour
Flexible language requirement:
Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application deadline: 2022-07-21
About the Company
Company: ASSINIBOINE PARK CONSERVANCY –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB