Support Worker (Rehabilitation) Job at March of Dimes Canada – Winnipeg, MB
BI Rehabilitation Worker – Winnipeg, Manitoba
Looking for steady, meaningful work?
Join our Community Support Services team at March of Dimes Canada. Provide daily care and support to people with disabilities and seniors in your community.
We currently have a Term opportunity available in our Winnipeg program.
As a member of our Community Support Services team, you will provide care and connection to people with disabilities, brain injuries or seniors. You will provide support within their individual or shared-living homes or within their community.
Because of you, people in your community will live a better-quality life, with dignity. It’s a job to be proud of.
Why join March of Dimes Canada?
- Deeply satisfying work
- Steady employment with one of the most respected agencies in CanadaFull- and part-time jobs
- A stable and supportive team of proud workers, many who have been with us for years
- Successful employee training program
- Competitive benefits package (including health and dental benefits for part-time staff after one year of employment and who work a minimum number of hours)
- Pension plan (optional for part-time staff who work a minimum number of hours)
- Paid sick time
- Vacation time (vacation pay for part-time staff, including the option to bank time for a one-time payout)
- Best practices protecting health and safety
- Excellent safety record with COVID-19
- Scheduling allows for work/life balance
- Culturally diverse workplace
Who is March of Dimes Canada?
From our humble beginnings in 1951 as a group of mothers going door-to-door collecting dimes in support of polio research, March of Dimes Canada has grown into a national, multi-service not-for-profit organization. We work for people with disabilities and seniors, helping them with daily living, rehabilitation, and employment.
What does the Community Support Services team do?
Our Community Support Services team, which is primarily funded by governments, provides essential services that enable people to live as independently as possible. Whether the disability is physical, cognitive or the result of brain injury or aging, our team of 1,600 employees assists people in their homes and communities, helping them gain a greater level of functioning and connection with others. Over the past year, the number of people we serve rose to more than 6,100 people.
We are currently looking to fill a Term Full-Time and a Permanent Full-Time role of Rehabilitation Worker in our region.
Duties include the following:
- Reporting responsibilities (incident reports, behavioral data collection and verbal reports)
- Participate in any required training
- Follow policies and procedures as required
- Provide one to one support and group support within the Supportive Housing program and community to adults with an Brain Injury with activities of daily living, personal care, and rehabilitation planning.
- Communicate with consumer, family, and team members.
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
- Work a variety of shifts based on a rotational schedule (combination of days, evenings and weekends)
- On-Call Duties
Background / Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary preferred in Human and Social Services
- Minimum of three years experience in Human Services field and/or working with people with ABI.
- Current CARE and CPR, First Aid an asset
- Proven consistency in work performance, including reliability and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Sound behavioural management skills, cognitive problem-solving skills.
- Proven teamwork abilities
- Working knowledge of ABI and rehabilitation
- Ability to effectively deal with behavioural situations
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Please submit your application through the posting on the MODC website https://www.marchofdimes.ca/en-ca/getinvolved/careers. For more information, you can contact:
Jordan Lidster, Community Support Supervisor
March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommended by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible. We welcome applications from qualified individuals that reflect the abilities and diversity of the populations we serve. March of Dimes Canada will proactively provide accessibility solutions to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: March of Dimes Canada –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB